Sunday, April 10, 2016

Time to oneself

When you find yourself with time to yourself you make a list. Then you disregard everything on the list as you are just so happy to have time to yourself. You then fill your time with lunch dates, breakfast dates, walking dates. At some point you begin to realize that the time is running short to complete that list of 'to do's' that you have not even had a inkling of energy to spend time on. The energy to complete these tasks miraculously avails itself to you and everything on that dumb list you made gets in one day! I call that procrastinating. However I suppose if it were really procrastination it would not have been complete until Tuesday at noon. Whatever I will take it, floor is done, bathrooms are done, I even sewed the girls birthday towels while listening to a book on my phone. My lunches, breakfasts and walks were all nice however I think I may be close to being done with time to myself. It did make me wonder too how you ever are expected to continue when a spouse passes away. I do hope this will not be something that neither he nor I have to go through for quite some time. I imagine it would be pretty lonely and very hard.  

I guess he too is ready to come home. Almost 33 years and we have grown pretty similar in our likes and dislikes. Safe travels my handsome Joe, I will see you Tuesday, woo hoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment