Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Emilee


Emilee loves the water. Last summer we would go on walks and finish up at the ditch. She would jump in and cool off. You just knew she loved this especially after a long walk or run being off leash she would just head to the ditch. Seemingly to say what walk/run would or could ever be complete without a little swim. At some point a sign was posted indicating 'no dogs' on school grounds (the ditch is behind a school). Realizing Emilee had not gotten to swim yet this summer today's walk was entirely devoted to Emilee, this was a first. Usually I want to get my work out in and my dogs accompany me in accordance with MY plans. Not today, I took them to the riverwalk trail and Emilee was able to get in and out of the river all along the trail. It was a nice outing for me and my two dogs. It was still early enough that the temperature was pleasant. We saw some beautiful horses grazing across the river and listened to some fox kits yelping. We saw evidence of a bear reminding us this was his riverwalk and to watch where you step. Surprisingly I didn't seem to be too upset when these two dogs of mine seemed to stop at several scents left just for them to interpret. As Emilee is beginning to show quite a few signs of her advanced age I know I am going to miss her when she's gone. I only hope she goes gently and gracefully as this pose/picture of hers seems to indicate. 

1 comment: