Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Dogs that chew....

I can read his mind, I know it, he is thinking "If I chew on her sweater, the bedspread, the blanket, her arm, she will understand it is time for our morning walk!" The puppy, who is now almost 10 months and is a bit bigger for his breed doesn't seem to be affected by the temperature. It is in the 20's out there and feels like 10 degrees, according to the phone. This has been a different sort of winter. So many warm days that when the cold finally came it is bitter. I made the mistake of running the dogs in 7 degrees and didn't prohibit the air from getting to my lungs giving me some sort of nasty bronchitis type cough. The run was a blast! We travelled some 5 plus miles heading up and down the mountain on the west side of town, the three of us smiling all the way, yes these dogs smile! However this cough has made me a little reluctant to repeat the journey. It feels a little silly to suffer from a self induced cough. Plus I think my pride was a bit injured, somewhere along the line I must have felt a bit invincible. Stupid cough was humbling. Cough almost gone, the reality of you can only push yourself so far, still fresh. My knees are also trying to contribute to that discussion, I keep pressing the mute button. But that run, wow, there is nothing like going outside, dogs on leashes, exploring the roads, feeling your body heat up to make you think it was 70 degrees not 7. The human body is amazing! All parts working collectively. Eyes seeking out the trail, ears in tune with the environment, arms and legs pumping. Then what about the unseen? The heart, lungs, blood, muscles, all working together to complete the motion of movement. No wonder there us such a thing as as runners high. It should warm up here shortly, if I bundle up just right perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment