Sunday, July 8, 2012

The sky today is as if someone had taken the stuffing from a large pillow and spread it across the sky stretching to the limits of where one could see. While walking at times it looked as if the sun's rays had hooked and opening and were attempting to pull at this opening. But alas as the day has gone on the sun doesn't appear to have been sucessful!

Ours is a little town. If in that little town you are at the center there is really no place that you couldn't walk. This morning I walked with the dogs to return the Redbox rental (Act of Valor) which I had biked to get last night which may have taken a whole 5 min.( I had said it was a little town). Anyway , as I looked at the Redbox this morning I was contemplating what someone would have thought of it 10-15 years ago. It is very interesting in all it's redness, making me think of the telephone booths in London that I would love to see! I imagine they are as outdated now as these Redboxes are new. What would we have thought of these Redboxes in the past? They are pretty interesting. You don't even have to pay any money to peruse your selections and that in itself is rather entertaining or I am easily entertained.

I continued the walk. I came around to our public pool where every summer a swim meet is held right around the 4th of July, usually afterwards. It was interesting to go from walking to where I didn't see a soul, noticing several streets with not a vehicle moving to wham...a full blown public event. The swimming pool is located on a corner next to our highschool. There were cars parked for blocks. RV's and tents set up along along the edges of the highschool. Even a dog in a little dog tent or perhaps a flexible dog carrier whom I imagine wished it were out walking too. The sound of whistle's blowing to signal races ending or beginning and the sight of a familar friend's car whose child had only just joined the swim team this year. I hope the clouds in all their puffiness don't make this first at home meet to chilly for this newcomer!

No comments:

Post a Comment